The skin that looks dry and sloughing can be a nightmare to most people, especially to girls and women. It is not to mention that poor skin quality in winter can even make you unattractive and less charming during the time.
Dry skin is commonly found in hands, feet and face. When the temperature decreases, the level of humidity falls as well, which causes your skin to be parched because of dry air.
What Causes Skin Dryness?
The causes of dry skin can contain several. You can see some of the common ones that are shown as below:
- Strong winter winds which can lower the skin’s lipids level
- Cold air that is packed with less moisture than hot or warm air. The cold air can have a negative impact on the skin by making it become drier.
- A hot shower when it comes to winter that can make the skin dry, itchy or even flaky
- Some hot drinks or beverages such as coffee with caffeine that can leave the skin dry from inside
- Warm winter dressing that leads to irritation and thereby causing skin dryness
Top 7 Natural Home Remedies for Dry Skin
No matter which seasons you are in, skin needs to be taken care of properly in order to prevent not only from the dryness but also another further damages.
While there are a great number of skin and beauty care products that are found available on the market; however, their effectiveness have not proven safe yet, then, home remedies are the best alternatives to this problem because of their natural ingredients.
Following are top 7 simple but effective home treatments for dry skin that you can easily do at home.
Avocado is considered as one of the most impressive home remedies for dry skin thanks to its natural oil. The oil can soften the skin and make it smooth during an entire day.
How to apply:
- Take some ripe avocados to make puree out of them
- Add it to about 2 teaspoons of curd with a half teaspoon of honey
- Stir it well until it forms like a mask
- Put the mask over your face or any affected skin areas
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with clean water
Don’t forget honey whenever your skin stays dry. The reason is that honey acts like one of the most natural moisturizers for the skin. You can use honey daily if you want to protect your skin from any other invasion.
All you need to do is applying honey to your body before taking a bath and waiting for 10 minutes.
Olive oil is commonly known as one of the most effective solutions to skin dryness. In fact, this oil is packed with 4 main antioxidants that let them serve as moisturizer and cleanser as well as protector of the skin.
Also, while vitamin E can help to neutralize the oxidant effects of the free radicals that are believed to strongly destroy collagen and become a partial contributor to wrinkles, dry skin or fine lines, vitamin A can thicken and boost the Dermis in order to decrease wrinkles as well as raise blood flow to the skin surface.
How to apply:
- Mix several drops of the oil with brown sugar
- Apply the mixture nicely to your skin
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with clean water
Castor oil can help eliminate sunburn, stretch marks, acne and of course, dry skin. The oil is beneficial for getting rid of infection, including athlete’s foot as well as chronic itching. Apart from that, it helps cure ringworms, some stubborn skin issues at all ages.
Castor oil enables to promote the formation of elastin and collagen. Plus, it makes your skin return to the original position as it becomes stretched.
Just simply, rub a thick layer of castor oil over your body prior to bath time. Wait for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with clean water
Warm milk can bring about positive outcomes for your skin condition. It benefits the skin by some different ways. Regarding skin dryness, milk can make your skin oily as well as nourished from the inside while still protect it from severe dryness.
You are highly recommended to add about 2 teaspoons of almond oil to a cup of tepid milk. Consume it before going to sleep.
Eggs and Oil
Eggs are known as a conditioning agent that can leave your skin soft and supple.
How to apply:
- Add an egg to honey with some olive oil
- Mix the solution with rose water
- Place the mixture over your face for several minutes
Banana confers impressive health benefits, including treating skin dryness.
Like other treatment, banana serves as a good moisturizer for your skin and makes it glow and smooth. The treatment is extremely simple when all you need to do is mashing a ripe banana and using it as a mask on your face to combat with the dryness.
Mango can give you a hand in relieving dry skin. It has been shown to be effective for soothing your dry skin and softening it.
How to apply:
- Mash a ripe mango and mix it with a teaspoon of sugar
- Use the mixture as a pre-mask to get the skin exfoliated
- Use the rest of mango mashed to mix with 3 teaspoons of argan oil
- Rub it over your face and keep it on for about 20 minutes
- Wash it off carefully with clean water
If you are still unsatisfied with those above remedies, then don’t forget yogurt. Yogurt can remedy the dryness of skin because it can nourish the skin greatly while make it supple and soft.
How to apply:
- Mix yogurt with lemon juice and honey to create an exfoliating mask
- Apply the mask to your face to help treat skin dryness
The treatment enables to make your skin soft.
And you should remember to eat more fruits because they are very good for your overall health condition. For skin treatment, there are some certain types of fruits that you should consume more such as watermelon, butter, kiwi or orange. The antioxidants properties found in those fruits can aid in flushing out toxins and hydrating the skin.